Most if not all music artists get into making records for 2 reasons. Firstly for the love of doing it and secondly for the chance to make a living or even become wealthy from it. These days, especially in Hip Hop, it seems to be more the latter than the former, but that’s a topic for another day. Right now it’s all about The Forbes Five: the top 5 wealthiest artists in Hip Hop.
A few days ago Forbes released their latest list and it looks like this:
- Diddy – Net worth $550 million. Dude has his hands in Ciroc, Sean John, Enyce, marketing firm Blue flame, Bad Boy and is about to launch a cable channel. No surprise he’s here
- Up next Jay-Z – Net worth $460 million. He investments include Rocawear (which he sold for $204 million in 2007), Roc Nation, the New Jersey Nets, 40/40 Clubs and Carol’s Daughter among others.
- Dr. Dre – Net worth $270 million. First of all, HE’S DRE! Secondly Beats Headphones. Nuff said.
- Birdman – Net worth $125 million. All you need to know is: YMCMB!
- Last but not least 50 Cent – Net worth $110 million. Can you say Vitamin Water, movies, touring, clothing line etc?
Ok so these guys are balling. Only way that helps us is to show it can be done. So this is my message to all indie artists: Seize the day and let your creativity flow. It is so easy to buy beats online for low, low prices, record your next hit, promote and be well on your way to creating the next multi-million dollar movement. Invest in yourself and everyone will take your energy seriously. Nothing great comes without you giving something. These days it takes between $15 and $20 to buy rap beats online. That alone can help your career immensely! Use the money you save to market more effectively. Let’s see who’s gonna be the next hip hop mega mogul!